Monday 12 May 2008

Big well done to the Tigers

For those of you who don't know me I am a big Hull City fan, and although off topic from FML I would just like to say a big well done to the team for the result against Watford on Sunday, and good luck for Wednesday night and hope we get to Wembley and dare I even breath it the golden land of the EPL.

But even if we don't we have had a fantastic season and it is all down to the board, the players, the fans and especially big Phil Brown!!! The way he has turned us from relegation favourites to promotion chasers has been great, and proves what a great manager he is!!

Back in FML my team Area 51 FC created their own mile stone on Sunday night, in the fact that we moved into the top 50 in terms of rankings. Considering just over a month ago I was ranked at my lowest 409th it has reaffirmed my beliefs in the game, in so much that anyone can turn their performances around and become a force to be reckoned with.

So what was my secret?? Two things really firstly I created a team that I was happy with, throw in a couple of big signings(well big for me) and then ran with it. Indeed I think it is now a good two weeks ago since I made any 1st team signings, with the exception of a couple of cheap back up players when I was forced to by injuries or suspensions, and I think this stability has really paid dividends for me. The second thing was thrown on me and I had no choice in it , namely the 2nd tactic skills update, out went my long worked on and over complicated tactics and in came the default tactic settings, as I have progressed with the skills I have seen less and less need to tweak them, and for my team and probably other smaller teams the simple instructions have worked.

Now whether this is a good thing or not depends on your point of view, myself I cant see it taking me much further up the ranks and I will possibly have to strenghten both my team and my tactics to move much more. But that is for the next few weeks, now is the time to get my youth team sorted out.

1 comment:

N.R. McLaren said...

Hull City - could they be about to change pub quizzes forever?

Hope all is well Andy!